9 Must Know Tips to Look Bridalicious on Your Wedding Day
by Wedding In The Sky on 10/27/2011 - 10:06 am |
Tag: Wedding Ideas
You just tried on dresses and you noticed you weren’t quite as tight, toned and slim as you had always imagined when you checked your gown out in the mirror. In fact, you were a bit horrified at the thought of having about a gazillion pictures taken with that arm flab flapping around.
It’s your wedding after all. You want to be confident. You want to be breathtaking. You want to be that princess that you have always imagined in your dreams.
After working with literally thousands of brides prepare for the big day, here are my top 9 Tips for you to know if you want your vision to become a reality.
1. FROM THIS DAY FORWARD: The sooner you begin the better you will look by your big day. To really achieve that “wow” factor, start at least six to nine months prior to the wedding, and even sooner if you have an aggressive weight loss goal.
2. BRIDAL TRIFECTA: Most wedding gowns reveal what I have nicknamed the “Bridal Trifecta,” i.e., arms, back, and shoulders. Some dresses are also form-fitting around the bum and hips.You might have chosen one that has a low cut back, or even shows your calves. You will want to make sure you emphasize these areas when choosing what exercises to focus upon the most.
3. TAKE THE COMBO: With all the wedding planning, events, and activities going on in your life during this special time, you’ll want to make the most out of your exercise time. Structure your workouts to include mostly combination movements that use multiple muscle groups during each exercise. An example would be a squat with an arm curl and a press up.
4. SIGN YOUR FITUBAH: What the heck is a Fitubah? A “Fitubah” is what I have named the contract that a bride uses to commit her fitness goals in writing -- your “personal fitness vows,” if you will. It will hold you accountable to your goals. I have a sample Fitubah at the end of these tips, or download one at bridalbodyclub.com/fitnessvows
5. GRAB A BRIDAL BODY BUDDY: Research has shown that social support is a vital component to success toward a fitness or weight loss goal. Recruit your maid of honor, sister, good friend, or co-worker to join you in your “sweating for the wedding” workouts. You can support each other and it makes the experience more fun.
6. WEDDING VENDOR PRIORITY: There will always be days when you are tired or simply feeling “unmotivated.” Be determined to not let a situation like this stop you. Those days can be the difference makers over the long haul as you get closer to your goals. Just like the appointments that you dare not miss with your wedding vendors, consider your appointments on your workout schedule to be just as important. Write out a structured workout schedule, and make it happen!
7. PLAN TO CHEAT: Cheating is part of a successful eating plan, but you have to be smart about it. If you eat a meal or a snack at total of five times a day, that means that in a seven day period you are eating 35 times. Use the 10% cheat rule. In other words, 1 of every 10 times you eat or snack, cheat a little. That will give you about 3-4 cheats per week. Warning: A “cheat” shouldn’t include an entire 14” double cheese pepperoni from Dominos or an entire half gallon of Ben & Jerry’s. Have fun, but don’t go overboard.
8. KILL THE CARDIO ROUTINE: Traditional “steady state” cardio is so yesterday. Intervals are where it’s at. Instead of spending an hour on the elliptical or the stair stepper, try running 30-90 second sprints either on the treadmill or outdoors. Rest for about two minutes and repeat. Do this about 6-10 times and you’ll burn way more calories.
9. THE BOUQUET IS THE WAY: Throughout your fitness journey to your big day, your hard work will result in family, friends, co-workers giving you compliments. When you hear one of these wonderful compliments directed toward you, or as I call them “bouquets” thrown your way. Scribble each one down on some scratch paper and place them in a designated container, box, or jar that I call your “Bridal Bouquet Box.” When you are feeling unmotivated or discouraged, pull out your box and read the inspiring comments. It will pick your spirits up and help you refocus your mindset.